12 January 2012

kitchen sketch up


Here is my very first attempt at using Google Sketch Up. It really really rough and not finished...and also not to exact size. But it gives some idea of the lay out.

The island bench top will be some type of white essay stone along without he back wall bench top.

Undecided on a splash back colour. These will be sliding glass splash back door, with a small shelf behind for spices and oils etc.
the fridge is on the left and the ovens are on the right, with the induction cook top in the centre of the back bench. (not drawn in)

I'm not sure if the feature colour will be a black textured vinyl wrap or something more grey toned???
The white cupboards and draws will be gloss and handle - less.

The walk in pantry is off to the left near the fridge.

I'm going to keep working on the sketch up. Hopefully I'll have a more accurate picture soon.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi - I've been using SketchUp for about a year - I love it!
      If you would like to get rid of those black 'dots' where every line joins (they really bugged me) on the menu bar go to 'window---styles' and in the box that appears, click the 'edit' tab and untick 'endpoints' and the black points will disappear! (I also untick all the others except 'edges' for a really clean sharp look to the drawings.)

      I'm only at the design stage of owner building. I plan to use shipping containers and am at land hunting stage only!

      Good luck with the build - I love the look of your kitchen island.

      Terry
      http://selfcontainered.blogspot.com.au/

      Delete